Canal Water Review

"To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing." Hypatia "Yeah. That pretty much sucks canal water." cwr

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Laugh out loud at spam?

Spam. I hate it with a passion. I get it by the truckload and spend more time deleting it than I care to think about. Some of it is my own fault. I made the mistake of posting some email addresses on the organization website so that people could contact us for more information or to make comments. The addresses are aliases which go to my real email, so the spam filters don't stop the spam sent via those aliases. New spam filters on the aliases have helped a bit, but nothing seems to eliminate it all.

That means that I have to check my email on a website first, delete all the items that I can identify as spam, and then download my mail. It's tedious and frustrating.

So don't ask why I accidentally found Aunty Spam's website today, but do follow me over to the link she provided to Spamusement. I laughed so hard I nearly choked!

Now maybe I can look at my spam in a new light as I delete it.

Note to spammers: I also work with an anti-fraud task force. I can't tell you how much I laugh when I turn one of you turkeys over to the FDA or the FTC.

2 Comments:

At 3/06/2005 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>So don't ask why I accidentally found Aunty Spam's website today<<

Was that you searching for info on Paris Hilton's Sidekick?

Kissy kissy,

Aunty Spam

 
At 3/08/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Carolyn A. Parker said...

Tinkerbell? ;)

Nah, that poor little dog deserves better in life, but I'm more fond of cats myself.

(Now wondering why Paris Hilton is so ubiquitous that even I know her dog's name???)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home