Canal Water Review

"To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing." Hypatia "Yeah. That pretty much sucks canal water." cwr

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Relief is Spelled E-D-W-A-R-D-S

It's official now, and many a Democrat is much relieved to see yet another shot of energy come into the campaign to restore sanity to Washington. I hadn't seen the news last night but got the official word when My Prince called me at the office to let me know that the formal announcement had been made. We were both quite pleased--but not surprised (we had reason not to be sweating out this decision).

Still, it's a relief that the decision has been made and Edwards can officially join the campaign. He's already been doing a yeoman's job of taking on assignments at state conventions and other events when Kerry wasn't available. Now he can do so formally and help raise money before the national convention deadline. There should also be a boost in the poll numbers. The gender gap in this election is nothing to sneeze at, and Edwards gets it.

It doesn't hurt that it just lifts a girl's heart to see him. I'm told the charisma starts 50 feet away.

3 Comments:

At 7/09/2004 9:35 PM, Blogger Jack said...

I was hoping for the esteemed governor of New Hampshire, or Vermont, or wherever. Kerry-Dean 2004. Now there's a couple of winners!

Have a great weekend. I'm off to play soldier for a couple of days.

 
At 7/28/2004 11:14 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Been wondering when you were gonna pop back up. Hope to see a new post soon, I check everyday. Thanks for the comment, and congratulations on your man getting the nomination. Not being sarcastic.

 
At 7/30/2004 10:12 PM, Blogger Carolyn A. Parker said...

Hey, there. Busy sorta. Family sorta. Lazy lotta. Am taking some time off from work any minute now and hope to catch up on all the old news articles that I marked for blogging.

It's fun to see your harem growing, however. I check things out as often as I can--and just howl at your stories. I did, indeed, like your public service announcement, but, sorry, hon, I almost fell out of my chair with "in your dreams." The set up was way clear, I saw it coming, but I was just sooooo hoping for ya.

Hang in there--and stay safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home